People often think that the road to a successful salon business is easy which just begins at greeting your customers and ends with few amazing haircuts and makeovers.
But my friends, gone are those days when it was so easy to impress the customers. Today you have to be innovative, savvy, trendy, dynamic and unique.
Customers are jittery; with so many options available in the market they might anytime leave you and opt for some other salon if they don’t get what they expect.
We have some tips for you that will make your salon journey a little bit easier.
- Exclusive product line: Use exclusive products that are trust worthy and give 100% results. You can come up with your own product line and use them. It’s like an extension and an added identity. Don’t keep unrelated products because that might change the way people perceive your salon. Your philosophy and culture would be tampered. Stay in lines with your culture. For instance, if your salon says that you only use natural items for providing services then your products should also be made of natural ingredients.
- Marketing: You need to advertise, promote and communicate. Your marketing needs to be personal and creative. You might have a really amazing salon with the best of services and expertise but if you don’t market it well, you might face difficulty in attracting the customers. Every customer should feel that you have exclusive deals and plans for them to avail. Make them feel unique through your marketing.
- USP: It is the most important element for your salon. Your salon should have a Unique Selling Proposition (USP). Identify it and market that. Your salon cannot be just another one in the market with the same offerings and culture that other salons have. Come up with one such quality of your salon that is distinct, something that only you can have.
- Relationship with clients: Be connected with your clients. Have a strong relationship with them by understanding their likes, dislikes, preferences, etc. Give them an experience and not just a service. Make them feel like a part of the salon. Your salon should blend in their lives and add meaning to it. They should feel the urge of visiting you again. Be honest and true to them. Boost their confidence. Don’t help them in meeting the so called beauty standards of the society, instead make them feel good in the way they are. Just enhance the features that they already have. Give them advises, suggestions and tips. Be a friend to them.
- Goals and vision: All your efforts will bring fruit only if you have a clear vision for your salon. Set up timely goals and objectives. Plan out a mission to achieve that goal. Both the vision and the mission needs to be communicated to the entire staff/ team so that everybody is on the same page and is doing their best to achieve the goal collectively. Remember to set goals that are attainable. Have a set of values, culture, traditions for your salon. Follow all of it so that the client believes in you and talks about your salon in the market.
- Reasonable pricing: Keep your rates reasonable and affordable. Don’t go beyond what your customers can spend. But that also doesn’t mean that you keep the prices extremely low, people might perceive it wrong. They would think that your services are not up to the mark and hence your prices are low. Increase the prices gradually, so that you can give them exciting discounts for promotions.
- Learn, teach and grow: Everybody in the salon including the salon owner should always learn new things and spread the knowledge. Be humble and learn and then teach. This will help the entire salon to grow collectively.
- Salon management software: To make things easier for you, you can opt for any salon management software. It lessens half of your work and performs various tasks on your behalf. From appointment bookings to marketing solutions, it covers everything.
We hope that these tips help you to take your salon to the path of success and you grow together with it.